Re: [OM] IMG: Shoe Repair Shop - Philippe and Mike

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Shoe Repair Shop - Philippe and Mike
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 01:45:28 -0700
On 5/26/2016 5:45 PM, Tina Manley wrote:
Thanks, Moose.  I have printed that out and will study it.  I assume you
are doing this in Photoshop?

Yup, only game in my town.

Can you recommend any books or tutorials to learn this stuff?

No idea, that's not how I generally learn. For example, the anamorphosis correction I did on this image was something I've not done before. It just seemed to make sense to me to correct on one layer, which, as Mike said, bends straight lines, then use a mask to only make visible the part that most needed correction, which is small, and doesn't have any straight lines, and leave the rest unchanged.

My guess, from what I've seen, is that there are tutorials that teach stuff I know, more that teach stuff I don't know, and none that cover these particular techniques in quite the same way.

I don't even know where to start.

Learn the selection tools, for which there should be lots of tutorials.

To blur backgrounds, I just gave a tutorial.

Wish I knew more sources, but I've mostly learned by trying/doing. I've learned a few things from books, but far more esoteric than what you are looking for.

Teacher Wannabe Moose