Re: [OM] Lee Filters

Subject: Re: [OM] Lee Filters
From: Piers Hemy <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 23:41:04 +0100
I agree entirely Moose, but that isn't what I had in mind. No, I am talking
about a non-neutral, non-natural colour cast introduced when using some
brands of very high density ND and VND filters. Some say it is IR
'contamination' during long exposures. In the case of VNDs, I can speak
from experience of using two separate CPLs back to back to create a VND.
Just did it the once. Terrible purple-violet cast meant that the images
were good only for mono.

Piers