Re: [OM] OM; Zuiko manual macro 50/2

Subject: Re: [OM] OM; Zuiko manual macro 50/2
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 14:15:29 -0700
On 4/18/2016 1:59 PM, Rick Beckrich wrote:
Well said, Sir Moose.
However, I was thinking of the magnifying eyepiece  that easily replaced
the prism on my Nikon F... Yea verily l misspoke, "waist level."

Never had one of those, on F or F2. The Varimagni does a good job on OMs. The flip-up magnifier lens on the Praktiflex was pretty hopeless.

Lots of choice nowadays on µ4/3. Most, possibly all, have a magnification option for MF. The Panny GX7 & 8 have an EVF that tilts up to vertical.

PS - Rollies with the leather focusing hoods and close up lens sets worked
pretty damn well.

I'll have to take your word for that. I never had that sort of gear. My dad's Kodak TLR and my later Rolleicord were as far as my interest and money went in that direction.

View the Moose