Re: [OM] OM; Zuiko manual macro 50/2

Subject: Re: [OM] OM; Zuiko manual macro 50/2
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 13:47:06 -0700
On 4/18/2016 6:24 AM, Rick Beckrich wrote:
BIG SCORE!  Congrats.

(I think there are times when we all miss those old waist level
viewfinders... Or "ground level" in this case.)

Some of us with tilt or fully articulated LCDs on mirrorless bodies don't miss
them at all.

This small flower (maybe 1/2") was facing horizontally almost on the ground, so I flipped the screen to an angle, neither H nor V, where I could see while the camera was pointed directly at the subject. <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=SFBayArea/Walks_With_Margaret/Tilden_Park&image=_B003640croofm.jpg>

With later bodies, one may go further, using a smartphone or tablet as remote screen and controller. Here is an iPad acting as remote screen and controller for an upside down camera. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=14126>

I found the VF on the Praktiflex FX to be almost useless. The larger Rolleicord IV was usable, esp. after I added a Fresnel screen. OTOH, levels of magnitude poorer than the LCDs on contemporary cameras.

L. C. D. Moose