Re: [OM] Free image viewer, editor, was: Morning snow squall...

Subject: Re: [OM] Free image viewer, editor, was: Morning snow squall...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 14:48:37 -0700
On 4/11/2016 4:52 PM, Even Handed Mike Gordon via olympus wrote:
This got me wondering about how various editors would handle auto WB and exposure for
a snow scene like this; which would be useful for a beginner/casual user.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Beckrich/Snow_flower.htm>

Wow, very interesting and superbly presented.

Why thank you, sir! :-)

Did not expect that degree of variation either.

Yeah, kinda wild. OTOH, I could argue for any but the FS versions. I like the PS best, but might open up the deep shadows a little. Then again, I wasn't there, so I'm looking not for what it may have looked like, but what a snow picture looks like in my mind. Generic, vs. specific, one might say. ;-)

Rick could easily weigh in to say is it was very warm early or late light. But
I would still prefer a nice, neutral version.

What Color Moose