I Learned a Lot

Subject: I Learned a Lot
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 15:53:03 -0500
Hi Moose,

I printed out your suggestions, and explored the Cross Pen image again, using the tools in PWP. Needless to say, I have never read many of the 583 pages of the PWP Manual. Once I got a better idea of how the curves worked, I figured out how to use them and the histograms in both the Brightness and Color Transformations. I worked with those, and then tried your settings (as close as I could) in the Sharpen Transformation.

I now have a basic knowledge of how these things work.  You made my day.

I am attaching an image that resulted. I will next look into the secret of getting a pure white background, but that is rough because of the lighting mix that I had.

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA