Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 23/3/2016: remembering Brussels

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 23/3/2016: remembering Brussels
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 17:58:39 +0000
Halcyon days, Brian!

I can’t say that I feel the same affection for Brussels as some others on the
List, but it is very sad that our way of life, its freedoms and pleasures, is
so badly threatened – if not by real horror like this then by the threat and
the resulting reaction.

I was also very disappointed to see that politicians on each side of the
Atlantic used the occasion of the murders in Brussels to resume their carping
about the alleged lack of security entailed in membership of the EU.

Chris