Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 23/3/2016: remembering Brussels

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 23/3/2016: remembering Brussels
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 11:53:08 -0500
>    I am sure that there are many other readers of this list like me who
>    have been sufficiently frequent visitors to Brussels, on business and
>    pleasure, to feel for those involved in this week's  tragic events as
>    referred to by Nathan.

Agreed. I've had the insane pleasure of traveling through the Brussels
airport on a few occasions. I rank that airport somewhere between
Dulles and Minneapolis for travel pleasure.

>    I was dropped off at the airport, checked in, and on the
>    plane in less than 10 minutes - they shut the doors as I arrived on
>    board after running through the terminal.

That used to be my normal mode of operation for many years. At the
small airports, served by the puddle-jumpers, the ground-crew was also
the boarding agents, so you just had to get there and cleared through
the Atavachron before the Beech 1900 or Metroliner landed.

AG Schnozz