Re: [off list] What year was that?? [was School Bus Hot Rod]

Subject: Re: [off list] What year was that?? [was School Bus Hot Rod]
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 09:18:47 -0400
And I've never managed anything "cool" since then. I had bought the car to replace my Sunbeam Alpine when we lived in northern Virginia. After a few years we moved to Woodstock, NY and 2 years of NY winter were starting to take a toll on the body and I sold it. I should never have done that. I couldn't afford to buy it back now. :-)

The only thing I lust after more is a Jag XKSS**. IMHO, more beautiful than an XKE but made of pure unobtanium. Only 12 real ones were ever made. The rest were destroyed in the factory fire that nearly put Jaguar out of business. The success of the XKE is what saved the company.

** But I could be sorely tempted by an Eagle. <http://www.eaglegb.com/>

Chuck