[no subject]

 by mtaomg-mad02.mx.aol.com (OMAG/Core Interface) with ESMTP id B46C438000086
 for <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Thu, 17 Mar 2016 22:23:34 -0400 (EDT)
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 22:23:34 -0400
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [OM] It'sPi Day!--now Day after Pi Day!-- Mandatory list
 assignments
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Sender: "olympus" <olympus-bounces+olymoose=gmail.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

. . .

More of a Pi guy, Mike

Life of Moose wrote:
<<<I liked the book.

Marnie read it and liked it. I leafed through it.

Op. Cit Moose:
<<<You want an odd shape, I very much enjoyed ch. 23, where Pi had been
attending the services of three major religions, without anyone knowing, "I was
a practising Hindu, Christian and Muslim", <<<and ends up in a meeting with the
leaders of those churches and his parents. (I don't know if my shape is as odd
as Pi's, but one may hope . . .)

OK, I will read ch 23 if I can put my hands on the book--upstairs somewhere.

Despite Marnie's efforts to have me be more rounded, am too much of a square
peg to read that. The edges
are a bit nicked and perhaps even a bit of dry rot has set in, but no other
changes.

OCM:
<<<Is this the same Mike Gordon who posted, and I quote, ". . .but on second
thought artistic license is in order. Don't Let Slavish Depiction of the Truth
Ruin a Good Story."
<<<That last sentence is in my Quotes file.

Wow, I am honored to make a quotes file, especially OCM,  and  am not being
facetious.

You did catch me in a contradiction due to modest hyperbole, but in the process
I was true to the
quoted aphorism and you have violated same. ;-)

Official Contributor to the Moose Quotes File, Mike