Re: [OM] Some Things Seen Yesterday

Subject: Re: [OM] Some Things Seen Yesterday
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 14:06:09 -0800
On 3/11/2016 9:47 AM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
Lovely. I have had the “pleasure” of driving on the Bay Bridge many times during visits to my cousin in Oakland, three times in the past 5 years.

It's all in the timing.  :-)    Was the new Eastern Span open when you were last there? Doesn't make the traffic any better, but a much more scenic trip.

We seldom visit The City for exactly the reason of traffic (and parking). We were over on that side a few weeks ago when traffic heading home didn't start to clear up  until after 8:30 pm. Madness! Thank goodness for Google maps and other traffic info. We could check, see that the bridge approaches were still red, have another beer and chat longer with the kids.

The latest development is trouble returning from Marin. Late afternoon/evening traffic heading East via the San Rafael bridge can back up all the way up the 580 connector to 101 and into Larkspur on Sir Francis Drake. If we are going over there, as with the trip I posted images from recently, we simply plan on having dinner there before heading home.

Moose