Re: [OM] photo only a mother/father could love

Subject: Re: [OM] photo only a mother/father could love
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 11:42:02 -0600
On Sat, Mar 5, 2016 at 11:11 AM, Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Yowza.
>>
>> Most of the wells around here are 20 feet of pipe pounded into the ground.
>>
> 400' of that was solid rock...which is good. No casing @$40/ft necessary
> except for the surface seal. The truck got stuck trying to get to the first
> location we were going to drill so this site is closer to the house which
> makes my life much easier. Now to find time to do the connections...

Years ago, when my family moved from Chicago to Southern Illinois, we
bought a small 40-acre farm to try our hand at farming and country life.
The man we bought it from was getting water from a shallow (30-foot) well
right next to the barnyard.  First thing Dad did was to have the country
extension agent come out and test the water.  He said that he could
practically see the little critters backstroking in the sample without a
microscope...

So, we drank boiled water until the well digging company could come out and
drill us a proper well.  We actually had a guy come out who said he was a
water diviner... I thought it was hocus-pocus, but the spot he told us to
drill turned out to be 256 feet down and had the cleanest, best-tasting
water I've ever had.  And it never ran dry. We had one pump die of old age,
and only had to replace one other due to a nearby lightning strike.  But
other than that, awesome water.

--

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Certified Music Junkie