Re: [OM] OT: Age is NOT Just a Number

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Age is NOT Just a Number
From: <r.burnette@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 17:24:29 -0500
Cc: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Age is much more than just a number, Chris. My body assures me of it (and I get
AARP discounts.) <grin> At 83 years of age I sometimes feel as though I am a
young man trapped in an old man's body with no chance of a trade-in in this
life. Although I am actually quite healthy and can come and go as I please,
including driving myself, my wife succumbed to the ravages of a failing body
last November at the age of 82. We missed our 62nd anniversary by not quite two
months.

Like you I have seen a lot of changes over the years, unfortunately not all of
them for the better. I remember WW II. My father served in it. I remember the
drop of the two atomic bombs that ended it. WW II was supposed to be the war
that ended all wars. We sure got fooled, didn't we? I served in Korea and again
during the Vietnam campaign. We didn't learn a darned thing from our conflicts.
Once again there are wars that cover a large part of the world and there is
little hope of them ending. As long as any group is determined to manipulate or
subjugate another, conflict is inevitable. Over the years I have become a firm
believer in the fact that real evil exists and that we humans are being
manipulated like marionettes, while some evil puppet master pulls the strings.

I fear for my children and their children's children. I sincerely believe that
some not too distant generation will see Armageddon come to pass. Anti-Israel
forces will begin it. I see the next great war looming on the horizon and a
great future upheaval in the nations. There are too many maniacs in the world
today who are determined to bring it to pass and sufficiently deceived to think
that they will survive with their ambitions intact. IMHO, one has to be blind
not to see it coming. I don't think that I will be around to see it, but who
knows. Too many fanatics have access to the launch buttons. It will take
someone greater than all of us to keep the world from being destroyed by its
inhabitants. For me, his name is God. YMMV.

In any case, I doubt that there will be any Olympus cameras around to record
the coming events. (Obligatory Olympus content.) <grin>

Robert