[OM] OT: Age is NOT Just a Number

Subject: [OM] OT: Age is NOT Just a Number
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 11:41:39 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I spent most of Tuesday afternoon at our Department of Motor Vehicles
(DMV) getting my license renewed due to turning 65, which requires an eye exam
every five years.  While I was sitting in the waiting area for my number to be
called, I thought about the whole idea about age just being a number.  For the
most part it is, but there are times when you are reminded that you are in fact
a senior citizen.

     Of late, I've been reminded of many of the historical events that I've
lived through, such as living in France during the Berlin Wall, the Berlin
Airlift, the Algerian Uprising, the Secret Army Organization (OAS), John Glenn
orbiting the earth, then the Kennedy assassination(s), etc., etc.  And then
many years later being part of the cleanup of Three Mile Island.

     And then along with my numerous near-misses while cycling, my mortality
was underscored when this showed up in the news this morning:

http://tucson.com/news/blogs/police-beat/bicyclists-killed-driver-arrested-in-nw-side-crash/article_8efffa0e-e1c2-11e5-892e-8b0dd5c73a1c.html

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson