Re: [OM] OT: Age is NOT Just a Number

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Age is NOT Just a Number
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 20:03:38 -0800
On 3/5/2016 10:08 AM, Rick Beckrich wrote:
Like Robert, I (at 84) recall what I was doing when Japan bombed Pearl
Harbor (Playing war against the Germans, complete with trenches and
foxholes in the morning, then "Killing" the hated Japs that afternoon.),
enlisted at 18,  served during and after the Korean thing, and worry
endlessly about my grand kids (both married this past summer) and their
offspring. I've also gotten a lesson in elder life as my bride of 53 years
fell and fractured her spine last fall and has been bed-ridden for months.
X-rays show a complete healing, but the nerve damage continues to wrack her
with pain, and limits her mobility to a few hours a day. The last month as
she has improved,

Nerves take forever to heal, but generally do so eventually. My father had lots of trouble with ruptured disks, first lower back, then neck. In each case, once the mechanical damage was repaired, it took several years for the nerves to heal. So long, that he would think they were all better, having forgotten what having whole nerves actually felt like, only to find that time improved things even more. I sure wish this for her. (And for you.)

Nervy Moose