Marinoma - more pictures [was Marin-Sonoma County Panorama]

Subject: Marinoma - more pictures [was Marin-Sonoma County Panorama]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 17:15:16 -0800
On 2/17/2016 10:49 PM, ChrisB wrote:
That is my sort of countryside, Moose.

I've put together a little gallery that should give a better sense of the area as a whole. <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=California/Marin%2C_Sonoma%2C_Mendocino_Coast/Marinoma>

Indeed, it could be some parts of England.

Weelll ... All those hills will be (golden) brown by summer. How soon depends on the amount and timing of late season rain. I happen to think they are still beautiful; the shapes knock me out, but not everyone will have the same taste. Carol, who grew up and lived in the NE tells of coming to California in the summer and wondering what terrible ecological disaster we had wrought on ourselves. Then winter came, and everything turned thousands of shades of luscious green. :-) I recall the opposite when I was flying into Dallas in the winter. As we banked over suburbs, the woman next to me, (from Calif., obviously) asked why everything was sand. I was able to tell her that that's the way grass looks in the winter there. (Darn near froze my tush off there on that trip.)