Re: [OM] PESO

Subject: Re: [OM] PESO
From: Scott Gomez <sgomez.baja@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 17:40:22 -0800
Apparently the "Spanish Moss" in California is a plant called "Ramalina".
See here: http://www.hastingsreserve.org/oakstory/LaceLichen2.html

Neither Spanish Moss (the southern kind or the California kind) is a moss.
The southern kind is a bromeliad, the California kind is a lichen. The page
referenced says that the California variety serves to capture lots of
nitrogenous material that feeds the oak. Dunno if the southern variety
serves a similar purpose for live oaks there.