[OM] OT; can this photo be fixed?

Subject: [OM] OT; can this photo be fixed?
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 01:30:04 +1300

See the explanation on the Zone-10 page.

The loss of this
painting in our house fire was a blow to me; I always liked it, all the
50 years I owned it.

It so accurately depicts the feeling after a hard
frost when it is SO nice to let the morning sun penetrate. The cows are
standing broadside to the sun to get maximum benefit. There's a
suggestion of the farmer standing on the right. It's also a realistic
depiction of a rough farm in the 1950's, on the West Coast NZ where the
rainfall is high.

It is overall quite a sharp image and I hope to be
able to print it life-size which was a width of abut 18 inches.

don't have the tools to lighten only the shaded left.

Any suggestions
- offers to try? The original image is about 2400 pixels width -
standard E-1 jpeg size.

TIA,

Brian