Re: [OM] Heavy Light Big Compact Lazy Skill

Subject: Re: [OM] Heavy Light Big Compact Lazy Skill
From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 19:17:08 +0000
Fun in theory, but pointless for several reasons:

Fuji GX680 prices and availability are still higher/worse than RZ. It doesn’t
have nearly the lens choices either. (Even the P67 has better lens choices)

it’s huge. It looks like the box the RZ came in. IF you are going that
big/heavy/cumbersome, just shoot 4x5.

The MF back is like all MF back adaptations on film cameras:  lame, and too
small, and too expensive.

The only positive thing it adds over RZ67 or others is front tilt/shift. But
you can get that with a couple RZ lenses and the adapter if you really want to
go that way.

there’s more, I could go on, but not worth it.

Fuji does make great MF cameras though, the GW690 and GSW690 series in
particular. They are everything the GX is not (light, cheap, available), and
more akin to the Mamiya 7 than anything else.

-Ed