Re: [OM] Heavy Light Big Compact Lazy Skill

Subject: Re: [OM] Heavy Light Big Compact Lazy Skill
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 09:25:30 -0600
> If you are going to bother going with a 6x7 SLR (and it’s worth it, believe
> me), go with the RZ67 over the RB. It’s better in every way.

I've been down the 67 route before, with the Press 23, and I really
love those monster negs. But, man-alive, stuff gets big and heavy in a
hurry. I look at it this way, if I were to use ONLY ONE system, in the
field, it almost makes sense. But as a duplicate or parallel system,
it's hard to explain to my back why.

That said, the medium format camera that I would absolutely make room
for would be the Fuji GX680iii. I could almost build a career around
that camera--even today, with a used Kodak MF back. Prices are
actually halfway reasonable on the Fujis.

Yet, at some point, where do you just say "screw it" and get a
beautiful little rosewood 4x5 field camera?

It's all such a dangerous, slippery slope and it all started with
Moose offering his ultra-small Rolleicord IV.

AG Schnozz