Re: [OM] Pictures!

Subject: Re: [OM] Pictures!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2016 22:16:42 -0800
On 2/7/2016 9:18 AM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
For me, the need for super-wide for landscapes went away with automated
panorama stitching.
You don't live in a windy place with seascapes :)

Nor do you. :-) But, like you, we live near a windy coast with seascapes.

I almost never want a WA view. I've found that I am never happy with my WA seascapes of wild water, and those I like are generally at least moderate tele. WA turns the raw power of the sea into little things.

I do have very wide panoramas with the sea in them that I like a lot, but it is calm or the wild water is not a significant factor in the image. This, for example*, has lots of sea in it, but it's more a skyscape, and water movement between shots is not a factor. <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Travel/NorthEast_2009/MtDesert/ShipHarbor&image=_MG_8088-96ia.jpg>

And you were there for this one.
<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=19540>

I don't see water movement affecting the image negatively.

S. W. A. Moose

* Which you've seen 22" wide in the Acadia book.