[OM] Problem with E-M5 firmware update - Help?

Subject: [OM] Problem with E-M5 firmware update - Help?
From: Lawrence Woods <lmwoods@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2016 13:40:26 -0500
Before I started, the camera's display in Settings=>Firmware indicated Body: 2.0, Lens: 1.0 (a 12-40 2.8 if it matters).

I installed Olympus Digital Camera Updater on my Windows 7 system, connected the camera to the PC, and turned on the camera. An "E-M5" entry appeared in the File Explorer underneath Computer.

A right click=>Properties on the "E-M5" displayed Firmware version: 1.00 and my camera's serial number.

I started Olympus Digital Camera Updater and clicked "Next" to do the update, but got an error box saying "Unable to use this function on this camera".

This was the first time I had tried a firmware update. I purchased the camera secondhand in late 2014, so the prior owner could have updated to firmware 2.0, released in January, 2014.

Has anyone experienced and overcome a problem like this? Anyone have an insight into the firmware version discrepancy between the Windows Properties display and the camera display?

I have one additional data point. When turning on the USB-connected camera, the camera LCD screen displays "One Moment", then goes black when the computer gives its "new USB device detected" beep. The Olympus web page http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/download/software/camera/cameraupdate.cfm says that different model cameras display different things, but shows a USB selection menu from an E-M5 that I did not get. Does the EM-5's USB display change with different firmware, and what should I be seeing?

     ----- Larry Woods