Re: [OM] Snowpocolypse

Subject: Re: [OM] Snowpocolypse
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 19:52:40 -0500
Those who think what we've just seen is an apocalypse are:
a) too young to remember the past
b) are too old and have poor memories
c) have a vested interest in hyping the weather.

Nothing new to see here.  Move along.

Chuck Norcutt

On 1/24/2016 1:45 AM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
I think there is more media hype today than in decades past. So there is a snowstorm.
There are snowstorms every year. I have lived in Buffalo. Snowstorms are much less
harmful than other major weather events (e.g. hurricanes, tornadoes, floods). There is
a good article in yesterday’s NY Times about how to cope: do nothing. That is
exactly what my son is doing. He is holed up with his girlfriend in her apartment in
NYC, with plenty of food, beer, hot chocolate and Netflix. Life is good.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain