Re: [OM] it's been a long time

Subject: Re: [OM] it's been a long time
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 17:33:05 -0800
On 1/24/2016 4:48 PM, John Hudson wrote:
In as much as vinyl disk music recordings, and particularly from those recorded analogue, have an apparent sound quality superior to that from DDD, ADD or AAD compact disks

To me, this is a matter of taste. What pleases one set of ears may please
another less.

, is the visual output from scanned film negatives superior to that obtained
directly from digital cameras

Substitute "eyes" for "ears" above. :-)

Another factor is that I can do things with digital that I couldn't with film. Of the three images I just posted, the only one I could have captured for sure with film is the tree frog, as it sat unmoving for a long time. Had I a tripod and 600 mm lens, I could have taken almost as good an image, I say almost because the tripod would have limited the angle more than leaning over some stuff hand held did.

Someone else might have gotten the bee with MF film (which is what AG is talking about). Absent AF and instant view of the results, I wouldn't take the number of film shots necessary to make a good, in-focus one likely. Results too uncertain and cost too certain.

The rabbit was very skittish, and would never have stood still for tripod
set-up.

OR is the appeal of film somewhat akin to the retro-attraction of things old
and romantic?

Must it be "OR"? Might it not be "and"?

It looks different. Shooting it is different. Different strokes for different
folks.

Digi Moose