Re: [OM] IMG: From the 1940s

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: From the 1940s
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 16:12:21 -0600
According to a Google search, these clarinets were made by G. Pruefer in Providence, RI, from the early 1930s until the 1970s, when the factory burned down. Pruefer got his training while working for Penzel-Mueller, and his products bear a resemblance to the P-M clarinets.

According to the inscription on mine, Carl Fischer was the exclusive distributor for the Pruefer "Wonder Wood" clarinet.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA