Re: [OM] Retro Weddings

Subject: Re: [OM] Retro Weddings
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2016 20:46:33 -0600
I'm sorry, Tina. Let me be more specific.

In SW Iowa, we've got a half-dozen women who have decided to pretend
to be professional photographers (pretend is the operative word) and
charge about $50 for senior portraits and $200 for weddings. With one
exception, they all have a low-end Canon DSLR kit with elcheepo lenses
and they use the built-in camera flash.

Their work varies from halfway decent to criminal.

But here is the problem. They've systematically destroyed the market
here and have declared war on the professionals trying to actually
earn money at it. They are like vultures and have haunted the usual
places where people make their inquiries for photographic services.
When there is a public inquiry on FB in our community group, they'll
immediately suck the business up or will state things about how the
others are ripping the customers off.

I know this has happened elsewhere, too, but throughout this corner of
the state, it's open warfare.

So, that's my story and the explanation behind my reference to MWCs.

Ken