Re: [OM] IMG: Airport Christmas Tree

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Airport Christmas Tree
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 10:15:47 -0800
On 12/9/2015 1:24 PM, Ken Norton, erstwhile List Mom, wrote:

What is cool about that whole concept, though, ... and you can just start
throwing
armor and munitions all over it.

On 12/10/2015 9:30 AM, Paul Braun wrote:
...  I love the Stuka - it makes no pretense at being pretty. It's aggressive
and angular - a no-nonsense war machine.

With respect to those like two of our Crises*///

With respect to those, like two of our listees names Chris, who made a career in the military arms of major governments, I find the idea of expressing public appreciation, even love, of machines designed to kill people, uh, troublesome, particularly when the emphasis isn't on some other aspects of them as flying machines, but on their effectiveness at killing.

I'm not sure it's proper for those who have been in actual combat, taking fire from others and their killing machines, from guns on up, to make such expressions, but I'm pretty darn sure it's not appropriate conduct for those who haven't.

I'm not interested in opening a discussion about war in general, or any discussion at all. I speak only about the glorification of killing. How do you think the terrorists get to the point of killing?

No Glory Moose

* How the heck does one make a proper plural here?

AG