Re: [OM] Medicine Bow Peak

Subject: Re: [OM] Medicine Bow Peak
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2015 19:05:53 -0600
> Something does not compute. Why bother with stitching 14 images side by side
> when a decent wide angle lens could [?] capture + / - 60 degrees per image
> when two side by side images would suffice.

Well, a couple of reasons.

I was using the 14-42 at 14mm, which has gobs of distortion to it. I
would much prefer a 14-54 for this, but no 14-54 in the house right
now. Or even the 11-22 would be sweet. To keep distortion correction
to a minimum, I did a lot of overlap. Typically, what I do is make it
possible to skip an entire image in the sequence if I have to, so I do
about 1/2 overlap on each image.

Second reason is that when shooting panos, you shoot with the camera
vertically, so you maximize the number of pixels in the vertical
dimension.

Ken