Re: [OM] No fly Friday

Subject: Re: [OM] No fly Friday
From: Rick Beckrich <rbeckrich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 16:29:46 -0500
Great coverage, Chris!
But my first thought on reading "Caravan" was...
What's a camping trailer doing on an airfield?
Slow to rise Rick.

On Dec 4, 2015 3:22 PM, "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Nice images, Chris.
>
> The Caravan, which shows US registration numbers, is still legally
registered to a corporation in Wilmington, Delaware.  The state of Delaware
is the Limited Liability Corp. capital of the USA, and has many airplanes
registered there, including some that are based at our local airport.

> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA
>

> On 12/4/2015 12:18 PM, ChrisB wrote:
>>
>> Once a week I go flying, normally on a Friday when there is no teaching
for me at the Centre of Aviation Medicine.  Today was a gorgeous day,
albeit a little breezy (and strengthening), and I would have gone flying.
But the blasted RIV (Rescue Intervention Vehicle – fire engine) was u/s so
we had no crash cover, as it’s called.  That meant no flying :-(

>> So I did some admin at someone else’s desk and headed home through the
rather lovely counties of Rutland and Leicestershire and took a couple of
photos.  I started with a shot of several aircraft not flying at my base,
Wittering, but the found a grounded Caravan at a para club to the southeast
(Sibson), before heading down a straight, country road with the old-style
signpost.  At the almost-disappeared RAF Polebrook I found an old memorial
to the 351st Bombardier Squadron, 8th AF and stopped for a moment to say a
prayer for the boys . . .

>> Only 4 photos, but it made for a more enjoyable journey home than
driving helter-skelter down the motorway.