[OM] No fly Friday

Subject: [OM] No fly Friday
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 18:18:54 +0000
Once a week I go flying, normally on a Friday when there is no teaching for me
at the Centre of Aviation Medicine.  Today was a gorgeous day, albeit a little
breezy (and strengthening), and I would have gone flying.  But the blasted RIV
(Rescue Intervention Vehicle – fire engine) was u/s so we had no crash cover,
as it’s called.  That meant no flying :-(

So I did some admin at someone else’s desk and headed home through the rather
lovely counties of Rutland and Leicestershire and took a couple of photos.  I
started with a shot of several aircraft not flying at my base, Wittering, but
the found a grounded Caravan at a para club to the southeast (Sibson), before
heading down a straight, country road with the old-style signpost.  At the
almost-disappeared RAF Polebrook I found an old memorial to the 351st
Bombardier Squadron, 8th AF and stopped for a moment to say a prayer for the
boys . . .

Only 4 photos, but it made for a more enjoyable journey home than driving
helter-skelter down the motorway.

Chris