Re: [OM] Review of Leica SL

Subject: Re: [OM] Review of Leica SL
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 10:03:36 -0500
I don't really care anything about all of the controlled, repeatable
tests.  I care about whether I can focus the camera quickly, whether I can
take pictures in the dark, whether the camera is quiet and unobtrusive,
whether the batteries last a long time, and if the resulting photos tell
the story I want to tell. My old M6's still work great for all of those
except the focusing quickly part.  That's why I got the SL.  So far, I'm
happy.

Tina

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 9:59 AM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I think we need the original JPEG to see if the problem is from third
> party
> > raw processor.
>
> The typical comparison or test is with neutral, balanced lighting in
> controlled or repeatable conditions. Unfortunately, all cameras seem
> to do very well in those conditions and the differences are more
> nuance than anything else.
>
> But when the image is of less than ideal conditions or when something
> is incorrectly adjusted, you get to see the hidden characteristics
> that give a particular camera or sensor its own taste.
>
> It's a little bit like curry. You have red curry, yellow curry, green
> curry... To the typical American eater, curry is curry. Yet, each one
> is unique and is used for different types of meats.
>
> I just think that the Leica SL is using some really special curry.
>
> AG Schnozz
> --

Tina Manley
http://
<http://t.sidekickopen29.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJN7t5XYgfmKYPW4WzBHl3Mx_9dW3LqWkM56dQ1Jf7P8b5b02?t=http%3A%2F%2Ftina-manley.artistwebsites.com%2F&si=6038418186567680&pi=d3170b24-a2c4-496b-ce1e-fd17409e231f>
www.tinamanley.com
http://tina-manley.artistwebsites.com/