Re: [OM] Cannondale was Re: IMGS: Experimental Photos with Leica SL

Subject: Re: [OM] Cannondale was Re: IMGS: Experimental Photos with Leica SL
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 09:49:22 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

-----Original Message-----

     Since you're THAT tall, you might be interested in this Fuji Sports 12:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Fuji-Sports-12-Steel-Frame-Touring-Bicycle-Road-Bike-nv-60-/121645949377?hash=item1c52a9e1c1:g:WIEAAOSwqu9VTS1x

     I came across it while cruising evilBay for Fuji frames.  Not that I'm
overly interested in non-French bikes, but I recently did a frame transplant on
an early 80s Fuji Royale that rode beatifully but was terribly scratched up.  I
was considering having the frame stripped and powder coated, but that would
have been costly plus the decals are not available.  So, I instead found a 1979
frameset on evilBay for less than $100 and simply transferred all of the parts
and donated the old frame to the shop, which is where it came from three years
ago.  It was immediately grabbed by a regular customer who had been gathering
parts in anticipation of finding a frame that size, and he should have it
completed next week.

     The Fuji Royale rides exceptionally well, feeling like a 23-lb bike while
weighing in at 28-lb.  I thought it might have been the wheels, but when I
tried them on a 28-lb Miyata 310 it still rode like a 28-lb bike.  We think it
might be the stiffness of the alloy in the Fuji frame.  Since the Fuji rides so
well, I'm sorely tempted to build up anther one.  It rides as well as my two
1984 Motobecanes, a Grand Jubile and a Super Mirage.  Those are my lightest
bikes, being just under 23-lb.

Chris the Moto(bécane)maniac