[OM] IMG: Airport Activity

Subject: [OM] IMG: Airport Activity
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 14:09:42 -0600
Nathan's 35mm acquisition prompted me to try the only compatible 35 that I own on the X-E1, a Leica Summaron 35/3.5 LTM purchased from a former LUG member. I like the framing, but, consistent with my past experience, focusing of WA lenses on the X-E1 is painful. Most was done using zone focusing. This lens has excellent scales nicely engraved.

A group of passengers had just arrived when they spied a tandem jump pair about to land. They all stopped to look and comment.
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/DSCF2697fm.tif.html

Their plane, a Cessna turboprop, required fuel, so the fuel truck arrived in short order.
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/DSCF2704fm.tif.html

The attendant had to stand on tiptoes to reach the tanks, but did her usual professional job with the fueling.
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/DSCF2699fm.tif.html

And, as I was leaving, the locally-based Vanderbilt Medical Center LifeFlight helicopter left on an assignment.
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/DSCF2709fm.tif.html

My conclusion is that the new Fuji 35mm AF lens would be a welcome addition.

Comments and critiques welcomed.

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA