Re: [OM] Tripod, Shmipod?

Subject: Re: [OM] Tripod, Shmipod?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 15:47:54 -0500
Yes, high ISO and fast shutter speeds do work wonders, don't they? They even overcome the rather slowish speeds of our ultralight lenses.

Chuck Norcutt

On 11/13/2015 10:54 PM, Moose wrote:
I just realized, in replying to Chuck about focus stacking, how tripod
free I've become.

I schlepped my travel tripod to NYC and Seattle for a couple of weeks
and all over the stretch of New England from Cape Cod to Acadia for a
month - and I don't think I ever used it. I'm sure I didn't on the
second, longer trip, and pretty sure I didn't on the first.

I have used them around the manse a few times in recent months, for
testing and such, but out in the field, not so much. I think my luggage
just got lighter. My last away from home uses were when camping in our
Turtle. I'll continue to take one on those trips. Maybe a little
table-top thingie for air travel.

Bipedal Wetware Support Moose