[OM] Bag Man I [was Aaaah, A lesson relearned [was Loch Tay]]

Subject: [OM] Bag Man I [was Aaaah, A lesson relearned [was Loch Tay]]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 21:54:21 -0800
It's been five months now since I wrote about my latest new bag. <http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?N=11032319&InitialSearch=yes&sts=pi> The longish relevant portion of an even longer post is below for those without eidetic memories or who found it tl;dr.

It's now run up about 6,000 miles in the air, 2-3,000 on the road. It's prowled city streets, the NY subways and run up a decent number of miles wandering various trails through trees, rocks, boulders, fields, swamps, museums, and so on. And I still like it!

Perfect? No, of course not. When the perfect bag is made, the Universe comes to
an end. :-)

The padded insert is a pretty good fit. Set up as two compartments, one E-M5II with 12-50 fits in one with the hood on. Another body, with 75-300 fits in another, but the hood has to be reversed to fit. Still, I don't think I would want the consequences of enough depth to accommodate the hood. The insert is slightly tapered, to fit the bag, and I could wish the narrow end were a little wider. The camera fits, but not as easily as I would like. At least it comes out easily, which is the most important thing. :-)

The insert doesn't have enough Velcro strips to hold it firmly in place. That I can fix, when I find the strips I have somewhere or buy more.

It would be nice to have a closure for the side, outside pockets.

The funny shaped space in the tall end has turned out to be really useful. There's a mesh zippered pocket for small stuff. The space always has spare batteries and cards and has held all sorts of other things, including water bottles, snacks, extra lenses, light jacket, purchases, etc. Surprisingly roomy when expanded.

The strap design for adjusting length is still genius. The light weight is also wonderful, and so different from many other camera bags. It was almost a shock, when I first picked one up, after picking up a lot of others in the shop. That it really doesn't look like a camera bag is nice, too.

Bag It Moose