Re: [OM] (OT) Olympus Pearlcorder Equipment

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Olympus Pearlcorder Equipment
From: Frank van Lindert <FXCM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 16:27:00 +0100
Hi Chuck.

The word teleconverter is badly chosen - sorry for that. Tele
conversion lens is the proper name for it, I think.

I have glued a Lensmate RX100 QuickChange Adapter on the front ring of
the Sony.
http://www.lensmateonline.com/store/RX100iii_QC_52.php
This provides the camera with a 52mm thread to take filters and
conversion lenses, albeit with limited weight to prevent damage to the
camera lens zooming mechanism.
With the proper step-up or step-down rings you can mount many
available screw-in conversion lenses. I own an old 1.5x Olympus tele
which does a good job. And I have several macro and micro-lenses
(Olympus and Raynox) which do likewise for close-up. Apart from that
the camera can take macro images without any adapter as well.

As it happens, I can also hold the camera firmly against the eyepiece
of a stereozoom microscope and get acceptable quality pictures that
way (with the camera lens set to 24mm). With a tripod mounted
telescope it will work too.

Frank.