Re: [OM] Portrait shot - need lens opinion

Subject: Re: [OM] Portrait shot - need lens opinion
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 18:51:32 -0400
Thanks. That explanation at least makes sense. But shame on Oly if it's true.

Chuck Norcutt

On 10/22/2015 5:54 PM, Moose wrote:
On 10/22/2015 5:41 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
It boggles my mind that a particular lens/sensor combination can
create banding.  I obviously don't understand the physics.

One theory I've heard is that it is EMF leakage from lens electronics
into camera electronics. Whether that's it or not, at least it makes
clear how two interconnected micro computers could interact in ways you
might not think of.

In the case of the 20/1.7, I've seen very slight banding on a Pen
camera, so it's not necessarily only one camera.

Interference is Moose