Re: [OM] [OT] South Carolina Flooding

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] South Carolina Flooding
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 14:58:06 -0400
  They can only be managed, Jim, not eliminated. I regularly patrol my lawn
and place poison bait on the nascent mounds. Helps if the neighbors do the
same as it takes longer for them to move back in. Clemson University has
been experimenting with a South American fly that hunts them and they are
effective, but officials are rightly reluctant to introduce another
non-native species. That plan often backfires.

Charlie