Re: [OM] OT: Hurricane Joaquin

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Hurricane Joaquin
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 08:48:46 -0400
Yes, I think we've dodged the bullet but not the rain. The hurricane is still in the Bahamas and nowhere near South Carolina but we're still having very heavy rain from another system that's running up the coast ahead of the hurricane.

The highest official rainfall amount I heard on the news this morning was 4.5". However when I checked my rain guage at 7:20 this morning it had already overflowed at 6" sometime during the night. I probably forgot to empty it after the last rain. The forecast calls for it to taper off until afternoon and then start up again with renewed vigor.

Chuck Norcutt