Re: [OM] Monster eats plant

Subject: Re: [OM] Monster eats plant
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 20:05:12 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
ACM writes:

Oh yes, I recall those. Handsome creatures, nice capture and composition!

Didn't I ... ah yes, here's the suggestion I made of alternate WB.

<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Usher/Black_Swallowtail_Caterpillars.htm>

Thanks ACM,

Remind me of all the complex issues with Ektar in shade.  SF  scanning software
offers a "soft profiling" with IT8 target  which retains most the spectral
character of the film vs the totally neutral hard profiling
of Vuescan.  Each may have their place.  Also the shadows under the shooting
conditions are indeed somewhat blue thought the PP of the occipital lobe auto
WB does "correct " much of this.
I rather like the cooler background but should perhaps adjust the parsley a tad
and the cat so the white is more correct.   I have some  Ektar loaded up in my
4T for your visit.  Thanks--see you quite soon!  :-)

Let Ektar be Ektar but with some tweaks, Mike