Re: [OM] iPad Photographer

Subject: Re: [OM] iPad Photographer
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 15:15:54 -0500
> I agree with your comparison, in general, but, as one who started out with a
> Brownie, I must say that the iPhone 6, and its stablemates of several
> brands, are a much more refined camera than any Brownie that I ever saw.

The image quality from each generation of cell-phone camera is
continuing to improve. I've had cell-phone cameras for about 8 years
now and each new phone has a camera that is easily twice as good as
the one before.

However, with the exception of features and brute resolution, the
image quality still isn't anywhere near what the E-1 is capable of. I
could stand having a third of the pickles in the cell-phone camera if
it meant having clean higher ISOs and RAW.

There are two extremely handy features in my cell-phone camera that
really rock it for me. One is the panoramic shooting mode and the
other is the built-in smart-phone for instant upload to facebook.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx