Re: [OM] iPad Photographer

Subject: Re: [OM] iPad Photographer
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 14:23:36 -0500
> An interesting prejudice. Mike just mused over on TOP about the similarities
> between the attitude of most photographers then to the new Leica and that of
> so many of us today toward this new, small, less capable type of camera.

No, I think he got the comparison wrong. The Leica and the iPhone
camera are NOT comparatives. The iPhone camera and a KODAK instamatic
or Brownie would be the proper comparative. Going back to the '30s,
there are other Kodak folders and box cameras that fit the
description. The Leica was not a general purpose, general POPULATION
camera.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, which is about the largest you can go
for phone that will somewhat fit into a pocket. The screen is the
right size for me and it has a pen. But the camera in it is actually
quite excellent. I have been known to take a decent picture or two
with it. I certainly wouldn't shoot a wedding or portraiture with it
or plan on using it to produce some fantastic bedspread sized artwork.
I use it as my pocket camera, my point-and-shoot. It's a "family
camera" so to speak. This weekend we were off to college dropping off
my daughter. While I took the E-3 along, the only camera I shot was
the phone's camera.

There were many "KODAK MOMENTS" this weekend, and they all got shot
with the modern equivalent of the Brownie. Not just by me, but the
thousands of other parents there.

Brownie Scnozz