Re: [OM] Windows 10 upgrade Nagging you ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Windows 10 upgrade Nagging you ?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 06:28:41 -0400
I didn't understand what "it" refers to in "UNLESS, one selects it, right clicks and chooses to Hide it." I thought "it" must refer to the Get Win 10 icon but right clicking that icon in the task bar does not offer a "hide me" option.

Maybe the same thing but my solution is to left click on the small triangle that represents the set of hidden icons on the taskbar. Then at the bottom of that little window left click on "Customize..." That will bring up a window which shows a column of all the icons on the taskbar along with a second column of selectable "Behaviors".

Look for the icon labeled "GWX" which is the "Get Windows 10" icon. Click on the Behaviors menu item next to it and select "Hide icon and notifications". That will move the GWX icon into the set of hidden icons and also turn off any nagging notifications the app might produce.

You can undo the "Hide icon and notifications" selection at any time by returning to the hidden icons "Customize..." menu and re-selecting "Show icon and notifications".

Chuck Norcutt