Re: [OM] Tuckered out

Subject: Re: [OM] Tuckered out
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 11:39:12 -0500
> A colleague who took some of my slots when I retired has a card product
> that's 5x7, blank interior, and prints on her Epson. She sells them for $4,
> and they go by the wheelbarrows full. I swear she could make a decent
> living just selling her cards, never mind her canvas and paper prints.

I'm doing some more flee markets and farmers markets this summer. I
would have liked to have sold the big honkers this weekend, but they
are great marketing pieces. I'm going to have a bunch more of the $20
ones made up and also do the 5x7s. I'm hoping that $5 apiece works on
those.

I like to make sure I stay above "keystone pricing" on everything, so
$4 is too low, but it means that people will buy five of them ($20)
instead of two of them ($10), and I'll be much better off. If, say, my
cost per piece is $2.50, I'll net $7.50 per sale instead of $5.00 per
sale.

Stewing on this...

It might be time for me to pick up an Epson...

Did sell one of the Genie Cloud mounted prints yesterday and I have a
buyer for the other one already. So none of the metal prints sold, but
the two mounted on masonite ones are and I've got major interest in
the two Brown Cloud on canvas prints.

Looking at the Open Gate picture hanging on my wall, I realized that
this needs to be done as a triptych. I took the whole set for merging
as a panoramic, but only used the middle picture. I'm thinking of
going ahead and doing the merge and then breaking them out into the
three images with the appropriate spaces in between, so it looks like
frames 1, 3 and 5 were uses.

That would be OTT.

My wife was a bit miffed at me this morning. I grabbed Open Gate off
the living room wall to take into work with me to try and snag a sale
there. She was just starting to warm to it hanging on the wall there
and I take it away. LOL, she's usually selling them off the wall for
me of the ones she doesn't like.

If I don't sell the metal prints this month, but have one more weekend
like this, I'll be in the black for the year.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx