Re: [OM] Content Aware Healing Brush

Subject: Re: [OM] Content Aware Healing Brush
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 11:10:41 -0500
> Supposedly they have greatly improved the technology behind Content Aware
> with the newest version of CC.  It makes a huge difference to me.

There are multiple improvements to the "Content Aware" algorithm.
First one that I'm finding really handy is the corner/edge fill for
when I do a pano-merge. It's still a bit shaky in some places so you
always need to go and fix a few things, but it is pretty slick. The
other aspect, which you have run into is that for spot editing, it has
certainly gotten better. The previous versions were trying to match
brightness and tone, but now it is also matching texture in there too.
The texture awareness is a big improvement.

You'll notice this in spot editing where it pulls in source material
from all over the image, instead of calculating what is really
missing. One blogger made note that it is actually creating content,
but it isn't. It's still just copying content, but the algorithm is a
little more selective and smarter in how it is doing it.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx