Re: [OM] CC conundrum

Subject: Re: [OM] CC conundrum
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 14:37:29 -0500
On 6/22/15 14:37 : , Chuck Norcutt wrote:
This is not at all clear to me. If you're using any CC product and discontinue the $10/month subscription fee does not your then level of CC product continue to work as it did up until the discontinuation?

If so what will you lose if you're forced to discontinue the subscription 3 months from now other than $30? Does the product go "POOF" and disappear? It's precisely because I don't know the answer to this question that I keep Lightroom 5 and PS CS6 installed and updated.

Right now, I've only got PS installed, and use it occasionally (I need to really dig in and learn it). However, I was about to upgrade to LR6.

The way the CC stuff works is that you have to "check in" from time to time with the mothership. I believe that if you let your subscription lapse, and it is no longer able to phone home and talk to Mom, the software becomes disabled. At least this is the way I understand it, since it's no longer available as a "buy it and own it" product, only as a "rent it, use it" product.

If I'm wrong, I will go ahead and to the upgrade.