Re: [OM] Samyang 18-28mm

Subject: Re: [OM] Samyang 18-28mm
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 07:27:40 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>Yikes! I've only experienced that once when I was attending a week-long
>meeting in Palm Desert, CA. Mornings were delightful; 73-75 degrees. Go
>into the meeting at 8am, come out at 5pm and it was 115 degrees. Extremely
>dry though so it wasn't as enervating as the 100 degree/ 100% humidity we
>get here. Don't forget your hat when you go out.

     A wide-brimmed straw hat and loose cotton clothing are essential here in
the summer.

     I've experienced 126F (52.2C) twice while living here.  The scale on my
outdoor thermometer stops at 120F, and the tube ends at 126F.  It is mounted at
a spot that is always in shade, under a large Mesquite tree and over a
cultivated plant bed opposite a 6-foot tall hedge.  So there's no concern about
reflected or re-radiated heat disturbing the measurement.  I've compared it
with a laboratory thermometer to satisfy myself as to its reliability.

     Our summer heat is exacerbated by the Hadley Cell downdraft, which is
slowly moving further north.  It appears to be exceptionally strong for the
next week or so according to GFS.  We may have to wait for another tropical
cyclone for any substantial relief.  Presently there is a regional low over
northern Columbia associated with a couple of tropical waves, so we may see
something develop before long.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson