Re: [OM] E-M1 video

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M1 video
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 13:08:12 -0400
No trials yet. I just returned from a week-long trip to the (presently unfrozen) north. I'll be playing with it over the next week or so. My task is much simpler. I'm supposed to make a video of the teacher in a classroom and possibly the students as well. I'm thinking of using two cameras (E-M1 and E-M5) on tripods. I was also thinking of adding external stereo mikes. Investigating that taught me that the E-M5 does not have a built-in socket (3.5mm stereo plug) for an exterior mike like the E-M1. It requires an adapter socket that plugs into the flash socket as is also used on the Pens. I'll try first with the camera's own mikes and see how that works... or not.

Chuck Norcutt