Re: [OM] E-M1 video

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M1 video
From: Jez Cunningham <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 13:39:39 +0100
How are the trials going Chuck?
I had another go at video-ing some friends when we went go-karting last
week.  Disaster!  The main issue was that trying to follow the action on
the live-view screen outdoors was more-or-less impossible due to screen
brightness/contrast.  I never had any issues with a camcorder with an EVF
but holding a DSLR at arm's length and pointing it towards the oncoming
kart, trying to get the servo-focus square to lock on to it, and then to
pan rapidly, keeping the kart in the angle of view, was all just asking too
much (of me)!
I got a few stills ok, with pre-focusing on the track in front of me, the
shutter speed at 1/8000, aperture at f5.6 and the ISO cranked up a bit to
640, but the framing was still crap - many shots were tarmac and grass with
the kart disappearing out of the frame.  I need to work on my panning. For
sure a tripod (or monopod) would have helped.
Hope your project is less challenging!
Good luck
Jez

From: Chuck Norcutt (chucknorcuttchucknorcutt.com)Date: Sun, 24 May 2015
16:16:25 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks, CH. I will consider all of your suggestions after some trials with
the camera.

Chuck Norcutt