Re: [OM] Newbie: EM-1 Problem.

Subject: Re: [OM] Newbie: EM-1 Problem.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 21:43:38 -0700
On 5/24/2015 5:36 PM, David Young wrote:
Good evening!

I have a E-M1 which is giving me a problem ...

Occasionally (very occasionally) the camera does one of two things. It either
(a) refuses to focus (which means the shutter will not release)

Unrelated to your problem, but a matter of information. There is an option in the Menus to allow shutter release without focus. Necessary for adapted MF lenses and intentional OoF shots.

;  or (b) locks up.  In this case the eVF  goes black and the camera refuses to
work.

In both cases, turning the camera off and back on again solves the problem. No
amount of other fiddling seems to help.

So far, it has only done this when in "motor drive" mode, at either 6 or 9 fps,
and only when my older, 50~200, f2.8-3.5 SWD lens is mounted via the mmf-3 adapter.

I would try cleaning all the camera body to lens contacts on body, MMF-3 and lens. By adding the adapter, you increase the number of contacts and the likelihood of a poor connection or a stack of two slightly resistive connections that add up to no-op.

May not be the problem, but costs nothing but a minute of time. I have had refusal to focus corrected by such cleaning on E-M5.

Un Focused Moose